What’s the secret to a fulfilling retirement? For many retirees, true happiness is measured by the experiences in life, not by the things they own or the number of rooms in their homes. That’s why downsizing to a smaller home is so attractive, because it allows you to cut through the clutter and focus on what you really want in retirement.
The Upside of Downsizing
Downsizing and decluttering can feel like a chore, but the burden is lighter with the right mindset. Think about downsizing as the pursuit of living big in a smaller home. There’s a lot to gain by moving to a smaller living space, and you may be surprised by the comfort and convenience of a one-bedroom apartment that’s designed to make the most of every square foot.
Let’s explore some of the key benefits of choosing a one-bedroom apartment in a senior living community:
- Fewer chores, more fun! Moving to a one-bedroom apartment takes away the chores of home maintenance so you can spend your time and money on more of what you want. Moving to a smaller living space can free up time and money to spend on travel, hobbies and other bucket list items.
- Lower costs associated with home maintenance. Each square foot of space in your home adds to the time and costs associated with home maintenance and upkeep, not to mention higher utility bills for heating, cooling and electricity.
- An opportunity to simplify your life. Think about downsizing and decluttering as an opportunity to gain a fresh perspective on the “stuff” in your life, so you can make room for your top priorities in retirement. The process of clearing away clutter and letting go of things from the past can help clear your mind and prepare you for the next chapter in life.
- More freedom to travel. The responsibilities of maintaining a large home can make it difficult to get away. With a one-bedroom apartment, you can take off on an extended vacation without worrying about who will check on your home while you’re gone. Rolling Green Village has a 24/7 security system on campus for added peace of mind.
- Delightful dining options. If you like the idea of letting someone else do the cooking, you’ll love having your choice of chef-prepared meals and restaurant-style dining services in a senior living community. You’re welcome to cook a meal or bake your favorite treats in your own kitchen whenever you want, but you’ll have more options to enjoy meals with friends on campus.
- An expansive lifestyle. The square footage inside your one-bedroom apartment may be less than what you’re used to inside your current residence, but your living space expands when you consider the common areas on campus. Residents enjoy a multitude of services and amenities at Rolling Green Village, from group fitness classes and live entertainment to social gatherings and an arts and crafts studio. Gardening areas, walking paths, and three fishing lakes provide opportunities to enjoy the outdoors and connect with nature.
Open the Door to More Possibilities
Ready to explore your options for one-bedroom apartments with the right features for you? We’re here to help you find a living space that perfectly matches your needs. Compare independent living floor plans and see what’s possible when you join the vibrant community at Rolling Green Village.